Sunday, December 12, 2010

Barry M. Wasserstein a.k.a. BMW Barry

I called Barry at the number I had for him, it turned out to be a service. A lot of my wealthier customers had them. So I left my number and a time for him to call me. Usually they call me first so I hoped the ghost ‘William Randolph Rapherty’ a.k.a Billy (more on him later) was right about Barry M. Wasserstein wanting to see me again or I would be colored embarrassed. The service was so polite and discreet it made me think again about using one for my own business affairs, maybe. “BMW Barry” as he called himself wasn’t supposed to call for about two and a half hours so I can do a little shopping before tonight, so if the date happened I will look good. School has been out for about fifteen minutes.

I got a note in my locker to meet Miss Clifford Tiberius Takahashi-Bennington a.k.a Cliff-a-tina by the phones on the East side after last class.

After he fell out with all his ghirlz at his now infamous seventeenth birthday party, when his pack got high on his coke and told a reporter from the local gay rag that they all hung out with Cliff-a-tina for the perks of his two gay dads and the legion of his older brother Rowley. I was there but all I said to the reporter was that I was having a wonderful time and thank you to the Takahashi-Bennington’s for throwing Clifford such a Fabu party. I knew not to trash him to anyone, especially on him own damn day. I always thought his ghirlz were trash and it was only a matter of time until they showed their collective stankin’ asses.

So after a devastating two week fall out with every one of those trashy hoes being called out by Cliff-a-tina and hur brother Rowley. There were much tears and apologies after they were cut off from every one of the ‘perks’ they so enjoyed.

There she is now. She is getting classier by the day.

Black you better think twice Italian suit,

Red tux shirt, French cuffs (2 ct diamond cufflinks),

Black leather custom made boots from England,

And a Black bowler

Go on ghirl!

“Hey Ghirl, what’s going on Ms. Thing? I haven’t seen you in a long minute.” said Cliff-a-tina.

[I wondered if she was going to come sniffing around me looking for a better class of friend.]

“Oh hey The Supreme Ms. Cliff-a-tina; ‘Da Distroya Worldz’ I don’t know if my fit is in shape enough to be in your Grand presence.” I said with a little smile.

“Is it that bad now?” Cliff said looking a little sad.

“Yes ghirl you are flattening your old children right and left.”

“Well there are things that have to be done.”

“Yes ghirl you are right and you and Rowley seem to be the royalty to do it.” I said.

“Rowley told me they were trash and just using me right after we all went to the spa at the hotel that time. You remember?”

“Yes ghirl that was fun but they acted like they were the Takahashi-Bennington children and everyone was fronting for them.” I said

“I know I over looked it hoping they were just being flash, but I guess it went to those tired bitch’s heads.”

I could tell he was bothered for being made to look like a straight fool on TV and in print. After the gay rags ran the story with a few bad quotes stuck in there the regular Entertainment media had a field day linking the trouble to Mr. Bennington. I heard he was pissed from Rowley, but didn’t let anyone outside of the family know.

“Hey ghirl you want to go out for dinner with Rowley and me Friday night? Rowley brought up your name and I think it sounds like a Fabu idea, dinner with someone who never tried to cut us. What do you think?” He was smiling at me hopefully.

How could I say no.

“Sure ghirl where and when? A Ghirlz night out might be fun. It is a ghirlz night out right, no BF or hangers, just the three of us?” I asked cautiously.

“Sounds great, how about we pick you up at 8pm at Franklin and Sunset?” Cliff-a-tina said.

“Oh ghirl you haven’t seen me in a real minute, I live off of Ivar in an apartment now”

Avancer, ghirl, Avancer- give me the specs and we’ll collect you there.”

I gave him the address and touched cheeks and then he hugged me tight and said thank you. I was unbothered on the outside but on the inside I was like, Damn!

With that I strolled off to do some shopping before I have to be home for BMW Barry’s call.

__________________________________

He called on time like I thought he would and we decided he would pick me up in an hour to go to dinner.

I dressed in some of the new things and looked in the new floor to ceiling mirror squares the Sister’s had put up in my room the last time I went to visit the Rents. They take such good care of me, I feel blessed. I changed two more times to get the look just right. If I needed Barry to invite me home I need to look just Fresh.

He arrived 5 minutes late but I’m always late so who am I to complain. I was standing outside when he rolled up in a brand new 1980 black on black convertible BMW, what else. He was dressed to match the car. He jumped out and handed me a white rose and kissed me on the cheek then ran around to the passenger side to open the door for me. He seemed to fancy himself a gentleman and after our first date he knew that I liked that kind of thing. I climbed in and buckled up. Driving in LA was dangerous and I don’t want to die because of some persons bad driving.

“Hello Barry before we go we should talk about what we are doing” I said a little too seriously.

“OK what’s happening? I was happy that you called” said Barry all chipper.

“Well I called you so this is not really a paid date.”

“It can still be if you want I’m fine with that” he said looking ahead.

It’s always hard when people don’t say what they mean when asked.

“Well I wouldn’t mind if the date ended up in the same place as before” I said trying to lighten up the sitch.

“How about if I take us to dinner and you tell me why you called and then we’ll decide what is what then?”

Not bad Barry, I’m more impressed by your straight forward behavior I said to myself and just nodded to Barry. And with that Barry started his new car and left, right, left and another left and we were on the freeway going towards Santa Monica. I’m so glad I decided to wear my hair in two braids (one on each side with Rhinestone bobby-pins stuck in the braids).

My look was as follows;

Black silk shirt w/silver thread,

Black pinstriped suit vest,

Black slacks (that fit just so),

Black studded leather belt,

Black leather boots my cousin Gracie bought me for a present.

Yes I guess I matched the car as well without even trying.

Barry was smiling and humming along to a Bob Marley tune.

I pulled the passenger side visor down to make sure my hair was still tight and was almost thrown to see the ghost Billy sitting right behind me enjoying the ride. He shot me a big grin and a wink. I looked at my hair and smiled back and flipped the visor back. Ugh ghosts they never give up.

“Where are we going Barry?” I said trying not to think about ghost Billy in the back seat.

“You’ll see, I think you’ll like it” Barry said with a self satisfied smile.

“I hope this is not a snobby place that will look down their nose at me?” I asked but not really worrying.

“No, I’ve been there before and I’m betting you’re going to love it” Barry smiling over at me.

Even if I have been to this place I’m not going to let on to Mr. BMW.

“Did I tell you that you look wonderful tonight?” Barry said.

“Thank you sweet Barry, that is so nice of you to say. You look pretty cute yourself.”

The car swerved as Barry blushed…

“No more compliments until you are parked Mr.” and we both laughed.

I have to play this night perfectly to be able to make it back to Barry’s condo to try and get Billy’s crystal cage. Then I realized that I did really have to rush it tonight. I wasn’t on any tight schedule and Mr. smiling ghost in the back seat has all the time in world. So I reclined the bucket seat and enjoyed the good vibration of Bob Marley and the Melody Makers coming through the soft leather seat. I could get used to riding around in LUX with Mr. Wasserstein. Could I stand having Barry as a BF? Would he freak that I was 16 instead of whatever he thought I was. I don’t know, tonight might tell it all.

Barry looked over at me and smiled as he rolled up all the windows making a wind block in the car.

I hope he doesn’t freak…. What am I thinking I don’t want some guy for BF who could be a client, a rich client?

Love is great but I have to (as my Mother says) make those shekels.

No comments:

Post a Comment