Sunday, December 12, 2010

Bridges: burn them or build them?

It was about two weeks past my Mom’s birthday and I spent those two weeks back in the hood. After a while I could barely stand it. Going to the neighborhood high school and dealing with all the questions and lowlands attitude. Kids that wished I never came back casting a Sherwood Forest worth of shade and wishing I cared. I knew I was there too long when I started hitting on my old drama teacher. He reminded me of some of my clients. It was wrong and I knew it as soon as I started. After a couple of minutes I gave him an out. There was no one but us around and he could have let it drop or acted offended. But no he wasn’t offended he was interested and terrified. I didn’t mean to freak his freak but sometimes I can’t control my flirt.

“Ted could you hand me that wrench” he asked.

“Sure Mr. Greenwood, do you want the one for the big nuts or the small nuts?” I asked with a smile.

“The wrench on the table in front of you, please.” He said avoiding the dangerous territory.

“I just wanted to give you the right one for the job that’s all” I said still flirting.

[Did I just see him adjust his stance on the ladder?]

“So Mr. Greenwood did you miss me?”

“Yes I did Ted you always bring so much to the class when your here.”

“Wow Mr. Greenwood I didn’t know you cared.”

[Mr. Daryl Greenwood blushed like a school girl and that’s when I should’ve stopped, but of course I didn’t.]

“Mr. Greenwood you’re so cute when you blush like that.” [and with that the light red went to deep crimson and he wavered on the ladder.]

“Ted you shouldn’t say things like that to me, what if someone hears you?” He said looking around as he came down the ladder.

“Don’t care what these lowland neophytes* think about me. One day they’ll grow up and find out there is a whole world out there that doesn’t care one bit about high school and what they think.” I said a little smugly.

*I just learned this word about a month ago and I have been trying to slip it in wherever I can.

“‘Lowland Neophytes’ good one! But unfortunately I have to care what they think. Let’s go down to the audience and see if the lights are right.”

“OK, but all that still doesn’t mean you’re not cute to me.” I leaned in close and said.

He bent over to pick up the lighting layout and showed me his big butt. Let me say for the record again Mr. Daryl Greenwood was not the man of my dreams or in the top 25. He was one of about three gay adult men that I could clock at this dreary school. So flirting with him is supposed to go nowhere at all. But that was what I thought.

He hops off the edge of the stage and I follow him to row H seats 10 and 11.

“I thought you said never jump off the front of the stage?”

“I did, but maybe you bring out the rule breaker in me.” Mr. Greenwood said with a rye smile.

“Is that all I bring out in you?” I said and looked down at his crotch.

“What are you doing Ted Kingston? I’m thrice your age and your teacher.”

“Like that matters to me” and put my hand on his left leg.

He jumped like I shot him through with electricity.

“Ted please don’t do that, I might take it the wrong way” he said sweating between his bushy eye brows.

“and what is the right way, tiger?”

I really should stop here.

“That maybe you think you want to have sex with an old man like me.” He said in such a small voice I barely heard him.

I thought for a second and then I said in an equally small voice.

“Maybe I do”

And then I saw the jump and a small wet stain. Unfortunately he was wearing his traditional light khaki pants and showed like he had spilt syrup in his lap.

“I guess you do to.” I said looking down at the growing stain.

I handed him the hanky I always keep in my back pocket. He was completely shocked and took the hanky and dabbed at the stain.

“Pull your shirt tails out and it will look like your working hard until it dries.”

“I, I’m really sorry I don’t know what came over me. This has never happened before.” Mr. Greenwood stammered and handed me back my hanky.

I re-folded it and wiped his sweaty forehead and them smelled the hanky and smiled. He jumped again and knew it was spot number two.

“The lights look great. Think about it and maybe the idea will grow on you. I know other things have.” and looked down at his crotch and handed back the hanky. “I’ll get that back from you later” and I stood up and walked down row H.

Daryl Greenwood just sat there looking shocked as I left the small auditorium.

Maybe I went too far and maybe and maybe not. I walked over to the gym for my next class. I hate gym…. Once you say openly that you’re gay they should give you the choice to skip it or not. The str8 administration doesn’t know that it’s the one place that most sissies have their worst trouble. Good thing I can fake it when I need to. The locker rooms are even different here than at Hollywood. All the lockers are rusty, small and too close together. They are all this tired high school blue color and the wooden benches seem like their purpose in life are to give you splinters. The guys are even less interesting and I didn’t think that was possible. Well most of them, there are one or two that I could peak at for a minute or two. The Jackson twins are in the corner. [They have to take gym again since they got dropped from the football team for the terrible grades.] They are built like men but have the faces and minds of 15 year olds. Wow they even have identical hairy butt cracks! There is Gilbert Davis. I think he has the biggest dick in our school. You know us Mo’s talk. He just flops that monster out when he changes. Either his girlfriend La Tonya is happy or petrified. But my favorite kid in this class is Roger Johnson, RJ to everyone who knows him. He hates organized sports and loves journalism. I tell him he should try and go to a different school but he thinks he can’t. Sometime between the 9th and 10th grade summer his body had a totally major growth explosion. He is now hairy and muscular in a way he was not before. I noticed a while ago and strengthened our friendship more since. RJ is half Italian (mother) and half Black (father) and all 5’4” of FžIžNžE. But he is still too young for me to press, so for now it’s just fantasies and friendship. At least he’s smart enough to talk to.

“Hey RJ what’s it be like Yo?”

He turns around just as he is dropping his briefs. Timing is everything.

“Hey Ted everything’s, everything”

“You ready to use our brains to get out of another day of gym?” I said trying not to stare.

“You know it. What’s it going to be today bad ankle, pulled back…

“….. Maybe Teddy can say he’s on his period” said Ronald Jackson and almost everyone laughed. [I noticed Donald Jackson didn’t laugh, hmm]

“Wow Ronny* Gina was right you obsessed with eating red pie. Remind me not to drink after you, that’s nasty!” [Everyone said Ohhh.

“You just think it’s nasty because you don’t like girls.”

“Nah I…..

“He thinks it’s nasty because it is, get dressed and leave him alone” said Donald proving that he was the twin in charge again.

Everyone went back to dressing for gym class and I slipped out of my clothes quickly and dressed. Since I wore just regular male clothes here it was a quick change.

When we got out to the field I told Coach Raymond I had asthma and RJ said he pulled a muscle in his neck and we volunteered to walk laps. Coach said OK with his usual look that said “What ever you slackers.”

And RJ and I started our slow stroll around the track as the other separated for a flag football game.

Whew I dodged that bullet… I’ve got to get back to Hollywood soon this school could lead to only single syllable words. FAB-U-LOUS, FAB-U-LOUSI said to myself as we walk around the track. Whew still got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment