Friday, July 22, 2011

I guess I’m Blessed

NOT EDITED

Running home to change should be easy when you live two and half blocks from school but today it’s like a ‘steeple chase’ just getting off the campus. I ran into Professor Weirdo, Mr. Danvers (calculus) in the #200 hall. I’m glad I put him in check last week because he was getting a little out of hand.

“Excuse me Mr. Kingston can I speak with you over here please?” asked Mr. Danvers.

The teachers lately started addressing some of us as Mr. and Ms... I think it’s silly.

Yes Mr. Danvers what can I do for you?” I said making sure I sounded less than pleased to be talking to a teacher. The halls have ears.

There are some teachers I like and some I can’t afford to be mixed with and Mr. Danvers was on the line.

“I have nude pictures of Bob (Robert Branton- [English]) and I’ll trade it for a nude picture of you,” he whispered way too close to me sensitive nose.

“Really, I don’t believe you,” I said after waiting for months and months for what Mr. Danvers said would be easy.

“Really, I got him to take a shower at my house after a racquet ball game when the showers were broken at the gym. I rigged my bathroom with hidden cameras and I got some good shots,” he said still whispering.

“There is no way I am giving you a nude picture of me. So let that go right now,” I said handing him a peppermint from me ever-present bag.

“You know I would keep it between you and me,” he said a little sadder and looking at the mint.

I nodded to the mint and sent a thought to his mind that he would like the mint.

“Like whatever man….there is not a TK photo shoot in your future. If that is what you need before you give me the pictures then I guess you did that for nothing,” I said trying to keep my face bored as kids walked by.

He took the little mint and popped it in his mouth. I wished it was the size of a softball.

“Hmm if that is how you feel I guess I’ll just destroy the pictures and the film?” He said trying to bait me.

TIRED-

“What ev, I’m over and out, keep the faith,” I said raising the Black Power fist as I turned to walk away.

What Mr. D-weirdo didn’t know is that about three weeks ago I came through campus around 7pm to use the bathroom on the way to Santa Monica Blvd. The locker room was open and while I was peeing I heard the shower running. So I peaked in and it was Mr. Branton. I didn’t know if he was alone or not, so I crept in and looked around and there was no one else there. I just leaned against the wall and watched. When he said, “You like what you see?” I almost jumped out of my skin. He knew I was watching. He gave me a really good show and my enjoyment was showing. There was no such thing as off limits for someone that I wanted that way. He had to be like dumb to not know I liked him but I was trying to not just jump in and rush and the sitch. More to follow for sure.

“OK you win Ted,” he said a little too loud for my taste.

“I gotta jet Mr. D. leave it in my locker, ‘almost evil’.” (All of the lockers in the school had a note slot in the front, why I didn’t know, but it was useful.)

“What does that mean?” He said looking annoyed.

“Locker number 665” said a chipper girl with red, yellow and orange hair to resemble flames. It was pretty well done.

I nodded yes and ran down the stairs and out of the side door. I should have kept running for sure, because as I rounded the corner I ran into my school counselor John Ramos. He looked broke…

“Hey John,” I said as I ran by.

“Hey Ted,” he said without his usual cheerfulness.

I didn’t want to but I had to stop. He was one of my favorites at this silly school and he seemed unusually sad.

I stopped and ran back, “What’s wrong John?”

“Well I guess it affects you to.”

Uh oh that doesn’t sound good, “What affects me to, John?”

He pulled me outside the gate and to the side.

“Well the Mrs. White asked me to give her a thorough report on my students including you.”

“So…. I figured you did that anyway. I hoped you left out the more personal stuff.”

“That just it she never asks, I even offered. Now she wants photo copies of my records.”

“Hmmm don’t you have a Psychologist license?” I asked thinking of a possible solution.

“Yes, why”

“Does Mrs. White have any kind of therapeutic license?”

“I don’t think so, where are you going with this?”

“When I first started going to you they told me you were a mandated in school therapist, not a counselor. So is there Doctor/ patient confidentiality between you and the students you see?”

“Yes I can’t tell anyone, but she is my direct supervisor and you guys are under 18 so it doesn’t work.”

“Oh damn, there goes that episode of ‘James at 15’ I saw the other day,” I said with a little smile. “Look I don’t care what you tell them about me but if you are holding a secret for someone then just leave that part out and tell her that the student asked you to keep that confidence and if you tell then you will be useless as a person of trust.”

“‘A person of trust’, I like that and it may work, thank you. Do you really not care who knows about you?” he asked looking me in the eye for the first time since we bumped into each other.

“My life is my life, what the F can anyone do to change it but me and I’m fine most of the time. People find out all the time. I can’t let it worry me. Don’t get in trouble because of me.”

He nodded OK like he understood and I hugged him and said it will all work out and ran across the street. I only have two and a half hours to turn myself into a more beautiful ‘A-Gay’ so I can fit in wherever Rowley and Cliff-a-tina take me tonight. I still have to relax my hair and pick out the right fit.

While the chemicals are straightening my hair and before my shower I check what I could possibly wear tonight. I say another silent thank you to the Gods and Goddess’ for touching the Sisters to keep offering this apartment to me. I know the Family don’t like it but sometimes you have to go against the tide.

It’s looking a little much outside this evening. Who says we don’t have weather in L. A. It’s all windy and cloudy; Miss L. A. might try and test us tonight.

The look is as follows; (my hair is black girl red right now)

I think it will be a version of British Mod tonight.

White dress shirt

Skinny black tie with the British flag repeated down the middle

Really slim black pants that fit tight w/ elastic in the material so they stretch

Black Mod one button dress sport coat

(I added small Mod/Ska band patches on to the right sleeve)

Mrs. Von Daisy from the Rotary club bought me some really cool almost knee high English boots from a trip to England that her family took. I’m am so glad they fit and are really comfortable. I’ve only worn them once and I already sent her a note of thank you like Ms. Katherine (ma) taught me.

On my freshly relaxed red head I will wear a cute black Bowler with a Diamond hat pin that Rainbow gave me and some black socks that match my tie’s motif.

OK my scalp is just starting to warm a little and I think it’s time to wash it out in the shower before it burns my roots and my hair falls out, another lesson from Ms Katherine.

Showered, blow dried, lotioned and I was mostly dressed when I hear my unruly flat-mate come in. Where does he go I think to myself?

“Hey Ted your dressed cool as usual. Where does a 15 year old kid get clothes like that with no job?” he asked looking into the bathroom.

“Hey Xavier, first I’m 16 and how do you know I don’t have a job? Maybe I’m a drug dealer like all young black boys are around here, like you told your friend the other day.”

“Sorry Teddy, (my evil eye) um Ted I didn’t know you heard that. Um there are a lot of drug dealers around here though,” he said trying to defend his stupid comment.

“Yes that is true and I should tell them all, my roommate has a problem with their chosen occupation.”

“Um you wouldn’t do that would you?” he said looking a little scared.

“Maybe, if you don’t lay off me,” I said still looking in the mirror.

Ah perfect, hair over my left eye and the fit is sharp. I have time to walk to the corner store for some gun. I walked past my shaken roommate and into my room.

“Hey Ted I’m sorry I just don’t know anything about young Black or Latin guys. I never met any until I moved here from New England and certainly no one like you, Black or White,” He said from my door way.

“Your sounding stupid again Xavier. People are people it’s just the flavoring that makes them different,” I said trying to not get charged before my time with the ghirlz.

“Maybe you are spicy flavored,” Xavier said trying to make things lighter.

“Could be or maybe I’m poison flavor Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch.” (Xavier’s most favorite thing in the free world)

He smiled and mumbled, “Good one” as he went to his room and closed the door and I heard it lock. I reach in the drawer and touched the crystal and thought; Billy I am on my way out with friends and tomorrow lets go to a witch friend and see if she can help you, OK?

I felt a little peak on the cheek, so that must mean all is good. I locked the door to my room and then the apartment door. I looked at the keys to my first apartment in my hand. I guess I’m blessed or charmed or something. Thank you again.

I am in a wonderful mood to lift Rowley and Ms. Cliff out of their bad space.

I was waiting to cross Sunset at Ivar when I looked in the gutter and there was something sparkly there. I will always be drawn to the sparkle I guess. I bend down to pick it up and it was a little purse, like something a little girl would carry. It’s stuffed with something. I look around and there was only cars whizzing by. I opened it and all I could see were bills stuffed inside. I looked to see if there is an ID and notta. I stepped across the street and behind a van and pulled out the cash. I saw some $20’s, $50’s and a couple of $100 dollars bills right away. There was a powder on everything…. Coke I bet. I took a $20 out and shoved the wad into my leather clutch (my clothes were too tight for a wallet). I went in the store and bought some gum. When I came out I gave the change to a drunk guy in front of the liquor store. I was taught by the witches to always share your fortunes, it pleases the spirits. Cool with me.

It turned out to be $583.00 minus the $19.45 I gave away. I guess I am blessed or charmed……………coolness ……………I hope.

TAT

No comments:

Post a Comment