Friday, July 22, 2011

The Crystal Cell

>NOT EDITED<

Walking around Venice Beach alone after dark always makes me a little nervous so I try to avoid it as much as I can. Today I went to a friend’s house to watch “Kramer vs. Kramer” on video. I wasn’t going to watch it but it was up for best picture of the year. I got it from this kid at school whose father worked on the picture. We didn’t start as soon as I got there so it was over later than I’d planned. All the relaxed feelings I got hanging out with Victor while he house sat for his brother in his cool top floor apartment was starting to leave fast as I walked through the dark, deserted boardwalk. I always get the feeling that I’m being watched when I walk through here after dark.

The Witches I know say of course you are. Like that makes me feel any better.

“Theodore when will you just accept that your power draws all kinds of things to you?” asks Ms. Epiphany Proudfoot

“Just about the time when your things start respecting my space,” I told the lovely Ms. Proudfoot.

But I knew what she meant and I didn’t always like that I seemed to be some kind of super natural conduit for things that couldn’t be explained easily. My life had been getting more and more full of the Special and not so special moments every day since I was around 6.

Right now on the Boardwalk it felt like one of those Special things was zeroing in on me as I walked towards the bus stop. Suddenly I could almost make out the form of a man up a head, a little taller than me, walking my way. As he got closer he became a little clearer but not really if you know what I mean. He looked like he was wearing a Fedora and long trench coat. That is not as odd as you might think on an LA beach in the winter at 11:45 at night it could get pretty cold. I myself was dressed for the cold. As I got closer the man faded out completely but then reappeared next to one of the few trees on the path. [I often touched it out of respect since there are so few trees in some parts of LA.] As soon as I saw him disappear I knew he was a dang ghost. I have been seeing ghost and other worldly personas most of my life, so I was not shocked, but that doesn’t mean I always like it. Why me, why now?

So when the ghost/guy asked for the time, I didn’t hesitate to pull out my pocket watch and tell him and I didn’t break stride but when I looked back to tell him he wasn’t there. He should have been behind me but there he was five, ten steps in front of me. So as I past I told him the time and kept stepping. I made it around the corner and could see the bus bench and no one was there waiting. That could be a bad sign that maybe I missed the bus. If so the next one could be along in 45 to an hour.

As I sat down on the far right end bench to wait there he was on the opposite end of the bench staring out into the great beyond.

“So I guess you are wondering why I am following you?” the ghost said.

“Hmm, excuse me, are you talking to me.” I said knowing full well.

“Yes I’ve been waiting for you to finish the movie and leave.”

“Well I appreciate you waiting and not appearing to me while I was with my friend. Sometimes friends don’t appreciate a spirit dropping by. What can I do for you, if I can do for you….”

“Well I guess I should start from the beginning….”

{-wait really, the beginning? That sounds like a really long story??} [Think of any teenager whining and that was me right then.]

“OK maybe the beginning of why I need help.” The Ghost noticed I was looking a bit nervous.

“That sounds better, thank you.” I said trying to sound less like a whiny kid.

Well I died about 80 years ago. [That explains his retro clothing. Ghost often appear how they saw themselves when they died, unless something horrible happened or if they gain some power to change their appearance.] It was my own fault and I accepted that. I didn’t know what was supposed to happen but I thought I was supposed to go somewhere up or down but nothing happened for a while. I just floated around Los Angeles for years. Most people couldn’t see me but some could, like you. After a while I could see what people called an energy pattern around live people, especially the ones who could see me or better yet talk to me. So one day I see this real “hot tamale” of a redhead going to an apartment off of Sunset Boulevard. I thought maybe I could talk to her, you know on account of her having such strong energy. When I was alive I didn’t know or believe in any of this Hocus Pocus stuff. But hey you change when you have to, ya reading me, kid? I nodded yes. So the redhead went into her apartment and I slipped in to see if she was alone and she was. So I thought I would take it slow but as soon as I got inside she looked right at me and said, ‘who are you?’

“I was thrown, you wouldn’t think you can do that to a ghost, but you can.” Mr. Ghost man said excitedly.

[I usually let ghost and the like get it all out before I interrupt them. They often haven’t spoken to anyone in a long time.]

‘So Hello, Ms. I said to her; Don’t be scared, I won’t hurt you. I am William Rapherty, people used to call me Billy, well before I was a ghost and all. Ah you can see me! I think that’s great!’

“Now this tamale didn’t look shocked at all that there was a ghost talking to her in the living room, so that was great for me.” Billy the ghost said.

She said, ‘My name is Rosarita Maria Rosales-Marquez and you are not the first ghost that I have seen.’

As she spoke I could see that she started lighting candles and some kind of incense. She took some kind of glass stones out of a bag from a drawer and placed them around the room. While I rattle off at the mouth she finished what she was doing and sat in front of me and started saying something in an odd language, it sounded like Spanish and I started to feel a pull for the first time in a long time. I thought she was sending me on to my Maker but that was not the case. She trapped me in one of her glass stones.

“A crystal” I said, “most likely Quartz. The more pure the better it holds” I said sounding smugger than I wanted to.

“So you know about this stuff huh?”

Well I was trapped inside this Crystal thing for a long time and I’m sure of that. I think she harvested little bits of the energy that I still had left. She kept me there and used it to do different kinds of spells to make herself richer and to make men and women fall in love with her. She also found out that if she touched the crystal and a person she could hear their thoughts. She used a spell to make herself look younger but it didn’t last. She wanted something that worked permanently but I don’t think she knew how. She took me with her whenever she would travel and one time she traded me to a guy and then poisoned him and took the crystal back. She would talk to me for hours, I think I was her only friend left and I was long dead. Later she got killed after some fidgety guy broke into her place to steal something he could sell. She tried to fight back but she was old and too slow. I wanted to hate Old Rosie but she was kind of sad in her clutching for everything. So her stuff was given away or sold off. The crystal that I’m still in changed hands several times over the years but I never landed in the hands of anyone who could free me. Some would be Witches and I tried to hide from most of them and a few kids who thought crystal was pretty or as they would say it was super neat. Now I sit on the shelf of guy who can kind of feel that something is different about the crystal but in the end just thinks it’s nice to have around.

“OK that is an interesting and moving tale and would make an darn good movie but I have to ask; Why are you telling me your story?”

[Where is that damn bus?]

“Well before I tell you that, let me say that when I was alive I played for both teams if you catch my meaning? I kept the one in private because of the times. But I understand the need.”

[I know I can be a jerk* when men are trying not to say something like this, but I just am]

“‘Both teams??’ You kept one what private??” “What are you trying to say? Please speak directly, you’re a ghost who are you protecting?” [*jerk]

“I go funny sometimes, I, I’m like you, kind of.”

“Oh you mean… now we say Bi-sexual for what you are and I am Gay. So you are open to both men and women and I just like men.” [*jerk]

“Ah OK, times have changed. About a week ago you were with a guy in the hills for a night of fun.”

“You have to be more specific, again I am with a few guys (more or less) for a night of fun” [*jerk]

“Well this guy is named Barry Wasserstein and he looks like this”- [and there was sexy Barry a.k.a. BMW sitting right there.] “Now do you remember me?”

“Sure I remembered BMW Barry. [Barrymore Matthesson Wasserstein, he pointed out that his initials and his car were the same. He seemed very surprised that I knew that the BMW on the car was for Bavarian Motor Works.]We met at this dance club ‘Dice’. He was nice enough that I didn’t really want to charge him but he insisted.”

“Ummm so you’re a Prostitute? Why would a guy pay another for sex? Has the times changed that much?” He said and Billy was back

“Because right now being young is a powerful thing and even a kid needs to have money now-a-days. Looks if you’re out here talking to me doesn’t that mean that you’re free from Ms. Rosales Marquez’s spell and please watch your freakin’ judgments or I’m done. I get enough of that from live people” I said feeling somewhat hurt.

“I’m sorry; even though I’ve been around for a long time I guess sometimes I’m still a man of that time. I apologize for judging you. The reason I came to you is that you’re the first person to be around in a long time with the kind of energy that I can sense strong enough. When you and Barry had sex your energy was enormous, did you know that?” said Billy looking a little too excited.”

“Sex magic is very strong and easy for someone to do if they practice but it can become addictive if you’re not careful. I only use it for protection mostly. It can be dangerous to be a Prostitute now-a-days” I said strongly.

“Oh so you do, do magic, that’s great you see the ‘Hot Tamale’ put something in her spell that she couldn’t break before she died. She was able to free me to move around but I am still bound to the stone, uh crystal. When she was dying she came to me and tried to free me and apologized for her greed and abuse of power. Then something big and dark came and swallowed her up and she was gone. So I can move around for while and then I have to go back. Over the years I have gotten better and better at it.”

“So you need someone to finish what Ms. Rosales-Marquez started and you think I can help you?’

“Yes, that’s about the size of it. Maybe you can do it with sex magic or you know someone you trust to do it?”

“Why would I get involved in this? Maybe all you say is a lie and you are a very bad spirit or ghoul that needs to stay in that crystal for the good of humanity?” [My great grand didn’t raise no fools]

“I remember Old Rosie telling me an experienced Witch can tell everything just by holding the crystal, maybe if you hold it?” Billy pleaded.

“I’m most definitely not an experienced witch” I said quickly.

“But I bet you know one or two?” said Billy the ghost.

“What about Barry? Do you think he is going to just give me an expensive crystal from his collection of things? I don’t think so, I barely know him.”

“I think he will give you anything you ask for. I saw how he looked after you left.”

“That was bliss after good sex and nothing else.” I said.

“OK, OK just ask him and see, if not we will try something else.”

We, when did you and I become we?”

“Please I really need your help… I don’t have anything to pay you with so what can I do to get you to help me? Maybe I will haunt you until you help me…” Billy said with a weak smile.

“Please I would have your ghostly ass locked in that crystal before you said Boo” I said without a smile. “OK I saw you turn into Barry before so I guess you can change to whatever you want, right?”

“Yes I think so why?”

“Is this how you really look or is this what you thought would work for me?” I asked unsure I wanted to see the real deal.

“This is how I looked before I died, minus the more up to date clothes.”

“Um Billy, you look fine but those clothes are not really up-to-date. [*jerk] OK since you saw me naked you have to return the favor and I’ll think about helping you.” I said with a little smile.

“What right out here on the bus bench?” Billy said looking as embarrassed as a ghost could look.

“Look you’re a ghost and I am one of the few who can see you. Besides, seeing a naked guy sitting on a bus bench in Venice beach is not all that unusual in this time. Why would you care anyway?” I said trying to push him on.

-then he shimmered

And there was the ghost of Mr. William (Billy) Rapherty in all his ghostly sexiness. I am such a Perv, but you have to work with what you have.

“OK I’ll call Barry and see what I can do” I said taking him all in slowly.

[Billy smiled and looked down at his hard dick and then looked up and faded right through me. I could feel him going through my energy.]

I look up and there was the # 42 bus with door open and the driver looked at me with big smile.

I guess I have a new adventure. What do people say, No rest for the wicked and the Pervy.


TaT April 14, 2011 completed

No comments:

Post a Comment