Friday, July 22, 2011

Lunch with Aunt Epiphany Proudfoot

NOT EDITED

Wednesdays I always like to have lunch off campus if I can. It frees my mind and makes the week at school a little easier to deal with. I got five pages today; three from tricks and two from people I knew.

One was from Sahara. When I called the number (long distance) she wanted to know if I knew where her sister was. [I thought she was with her at the Rehab place in the mid west.]

“We hadn’t seen Rain since she left LA to see you,” I said.

“Rainbow left a week and a half ago and should have been back by now,” said Sahara.

“I tried to remind her that her sister was strong and smart and did things her own way. Maybe she got off the bus because she saw something cool”.

“Probably you right, please could you make her to call me when she gets to LA” she asked in that way she does.

“I’ll ask her, as you know no one makes your sister do anything she doesn’t want to.”

“OK I’m doing great and I hope all of you are doing good to,” and she hung up. Well that is Miss Sahara. I hope she is doing better this time, she almost died the last time she over dosed.

I’ll return the other numbers later; the tricks will have to hold it until I feel like setting up a new date.

The day was gorgeous and warm, not hot and I think I want Mac-n-cheese from Michael’s deli on Sycamore off Franklin. They have the best that I’ve found in any place around here. Sometimes I just feel really happy but the bad thing about it is that I can’t just enjoy it I have to analyze it for reasons. Why am I so happy today? Why am I happy when I’m living this life? Why am I letting myself be happy right now? Then it will be gone soon. So while most people are fighting to find happiness I’m fighting to keep the happiness that I have naturally, Oh boo.

There were not many people on Sycamore at this time. Only a few cars drove by and they took no notice of me. So I was deep in thought when a hand almost grabbed my left shoulder. I jumped to the left and turned with my ever-ready box cutter in hand and thank the Goddess I didn’t follow it through because it was my wonderful witch friend Ms. Epiphany Proudfoot.

“Hey back the hell off! I screamed. “Lady Proudfoot it’s you” I said as soon as recognized the petite lady.

“Because I thought you would feel it was me Theodore.” She said never bothered.

“Auntie, I told you I am always armed and ready and I’m not that good with my senses yet to be sure,” I said. (I always call older women I like Auntie)

“Theodore I am never worried besides my time is my time and that will not end today,” She said.

“Auntie these streets are dangerous and I don’t want anything to happen to you it would break my heart,” I said.

“That is sweet of you but I am protected as you are.”

We pause to agree and look up for protection from the spirits and then hug one another.

“What brings you this way Ms. Proudfoot?” I asked breaking the silence.

“Maybe you did but also I was just out for a walk on the side streets.”

“Funny you should say that I was thinking I wanted to see you this week.”

“Well that is why I’m here. You know how powerful you are.” She said giving me the don’t denigh it look.

I’m not touching that one or we will be here for more than an hour with her trying to convince me I’m some spiritually super powered descendant of a long blood line. So I invited her to eat lunch with me instead. She accepted claiming that it was only to spend time with her favorite young old soul.

Michael’s deli was not crowded yet so I was happy not being in the mood for a crowd.

As soon as we got in the guy behind the counter saw Ms. Proudfoot and came out from behind the counter to give her a big hug.

“I was hoping you would be in today… do you want your regular?”

I looked at her and she smiled sheepishly.

“That would be great Jr. and whatever Theodore wants,” she said without looking at me again.

“I thought I was taking you out?” I said trying to sound hurt.

“Well I’m sure if you want to pay Michael Jr. will be glad to take your money,” Ms. Proudfoot said still not looking at me.

“No I will always be happy to be a guest of you, Auntie.”

“Is this your nephew Ms. E.?” asked Michael Jr.

She looks at me and smiles-

“No I’m not she is just very special to me.” I said knowing what she was thinking.

“Theodore this is Michael Jr., his father and grandfather are the Michael’s of the Michael’s deli. I have known This Michael since he was born.”

“- even before I think. I’m told when I was a baby she was the only person other than my mother I would let hold me. She also knew my Grandfather and Grandmother. She has eaten here for free as long as my Dad can remember. But no one can remember why,” Michael Jr. says eyeing her lovingly but suspiciously.

I made my order of Mac-n-cheese and well done French fries. “I knew you been here before, that’s the kind of you don’t forget.”

“I’m Ted Kingston; I’m on lunch break from double HH up the street.”

“Cool I went to X grad in ’72 as you heard I’m Michael Leonardo Sartini, III but everyone either calls me MJ or Junior.”

“And what would you like me to call you?” I asked directly.

“MJ is cool and you’re Ted- solid.”

“-yes anything but Teddy, he hates that for some reason. Past life trauma I think,” said Auntie.

We sat in the back so I could tell Auntie about William Randolph Rapherty aka Billy the ghost and what I hoped she could do for him. Of course she knew of the witch Rosarita Maria Rosales-Marquez. (how old is she anyway?) She thought about it while she ate her deconstructed pastrami sandwich sands the bread. Told her more about the crystal and how I got it. She wanted to know what I felt from it when I held it. She asked if I held it and concentrated on the truth. I said not really, but I did let Billy show me a bit of his life before he died. It was very interesting. She wanted to know if I felt anything confusing or wrong when I touched the crystal or when I spoke to Billy.

“Oh you want to know if I sensed any dark or demonic energy with it or him, no I looked for that.”

“So you think he is just a ghost trapped and misused by Maria,” she asked with her finger on her chin.

“Yes but you will know more when you check it out.”

“Maybe, maybe not. Maria was definitely a greedy woman; some say she used magic to turn herself into a woman long ago.”

I finished my meal and kissed my witch Auntie on both cheeks and put a tip in the jar for MJ. I made plans to bring Billy and his crystal cell to Aunties apartment around 10pm tonight. That gave me time to have a date and make some money. As I walked back to school I could smell sage but I didn’t have anything with sage in it. Then I stuck my hand into my sweater pocket and came out with a small bundle of sage tied up with red string. Auntie must have slipped it in sometime when I hugged her. It’s a talisman to protect the holder from negative energies. She worries about me all the time. I put it back and it made the day even better.

₮₳₮

No comments:

Post a Comment